Saturday, January 1, 2011

NOT MY LIST


If you're a regular, you've probably figured out that new releases don't receive any special attention around here. It's just that there is so much recorded music, and new music is only fraction of it. I'm not of the age that I have to be on top on the next big thing, and I don't get squat in the way of promos. If an album came out last week is any good, I'll hear about it. If it's really good, someone I know will say "you gotta hear this", or a blog I respect will go off about it. If it's really, really good, and I've somehow missed it, it'll be there next year. If it's an absolute classic, it'll be in print for years. So, that's a long winded way of saying, don't expect a year end list from these parts. I'll leave it to the ravenous new music bloggers.

Here's some links to handful of year end lists, from blogs I don't even frequent. Everybody has their own litmus test, and these have not yet passed mine. So, it's a crap shoot, I know, and I don't endorse any of them, but if you want to hear some stuff that came out in the past year, my pockets are empty. Hit up the tourists.

Stuck On An Island's Top Albums of 2010
Tympanogram's Best of 2010 (three posts): 1-5, 6 - 10, 11 - 20
Tracasseur: Arnie Becker's Best of 2010
I'm Waking Up to...'s Our Favorite Albums of 2010
Requiem Pour Un Twister - Top 25 Singles of 2010
Requiem Pour Un Twister - Top 10 Albums of 2010
Another Form of Relief's Top 10 Records of 2010
Fense Posts Top 33 and 1/3: The Best Albums of 2010

1 comment:

Andy said...

thanks for including us on your list, even if you don't frequent us. we appreciate it regardless...