Tuesday, December 20, 2011

COLOMBIAN FELA COVER. REALLY.


This is how things happen around here (again). Yesterday I was ran into a link to a cover of the Meters' "Sissy Strut." If you know the Meters, you know the song. It's been covered a lot. (Must've been the go-to cover back in the 70's.) The particular version I clicked on was done by Sunny & the Sunliners, a band that I was getting a fairly giddy about a few weeks ago. Needless to say, "Cissy Strut" + Sunny and the Sunliners = Get outta my way! Boy, was I lucky that the clicking finger had a light touch; because the host blog, Musica del Alma, is a really good one. I intend to be lurking around over there with regularity. Check it out. My spot check revealed some consistently good stuff. After just a quick look around, I found another neat cover, of Fela's "Let's Start," by a Colombian band called Phirpo y sus Caribes. Too good not to share. If I was you I'd just bookmark that site.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sunny & the Sunliners - Cissy Strut mp3 at Musica Del Alma
Phirpo y sus Caribes - Comencemos mp3 at Musica del Alma
Visit:
Musica del Alma

No comments: