Friday, January 6, 2012

LEMMY & SQUIGGY


If you know anything about Lemmy Kilmister, you know that he does things his way, without compromise. That includes, how you say, "lifestyle choices." A guy I know was a guitar tech for a Lemmy tour, and swears up and down that he subsists solely on hard liquor, smokes, red meat and women. You know what? Lemmy may be the one guy who gives Keith Richards a run for his money. And if ever there was a signature song for an artist, it's Lemmy/Motörhead's "Ace of Spades." You know it right? I certainly hope so, because it's one ferocious mutha. The way he spells out his life plan, mid-song: "I was born to lose, and gambling's for fools, but that's the way I like it, I don't want to live forever." Yet, he will.


Eli "Paperboy" "Squiggy" Reed

So, I was listing to an old mix I had, and it had a solid soul cover of "Ace of Spades" by Eli "Paperboy" Reed. I realized that, although I'd posted Reed's version a while back (actually it was two and a half years ago), I'd never posted a link to Motörhead's original. To be honest, as much as I like Reed's version, the original makes it sound like sissy stuff. Just put them on different mixes and you'll be fine.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Motörhead - Ace of Spades mp3 at Shelter From the Norm
Eli "Paperboy" Reed - Ace of Spades mp3 at Ryan's Smashing Life
Watch:
Motörhead - Ace of Spades (live) at YouTube

No comments: