Thursday, May 17, 2012

DO THE SAINT VITUS


I would be mighty surprised if a bunch of you didn't already know Little Willie John's "I'm Shakin'" from the Blasters cover of it. Then again, that was the eighties and if you aren't a middle age person who had good taste back then, or a younger person who's done their homework, you may not know it. Come to think of it, a lot of you may not know it. Well, it's high time we fix that, because, although I'm sure I've brought it up it before, it bears repeating. It's a damn fine song, and you should know it like the back of your hand. Being that the Blasters are the ones that turned me onto it, I can think of no better segue, so here's a link to a great post at Beware of the Blog, "Songs the Blasters Taught Us." It's the original versions of a mess of songs the Blasters have covered. Yep, I know, I've posted it before. But did you get them all back then? I didn't think so cherry picker. Go school yourself.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Little Willie John - I'm Shakin' mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Little Junior Parker - Barefoot Rock mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Lee Allen - Walkin' With Mr. Lee mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Thirty more! at Beware of the Blog

2 comments:

DJ Diddy Wah said...

Jack White also covers it on his new album, which might introduce some new folk to the tune.

Tom G. said...

Thanks Adam, I did not know that. That's a good thing no doubt. But, why it is that Jack White bugs me? He's like that guy you see at every single show. You know, you feel like saying "couldn't you sit something out?"