Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DOC WATSON CHECKED OUT


It's not been a good year for fans of bluegrass and hillbilly music. Just a couple months ago, Earl Scruggs passed away. Now, Doc Watson. I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I know much of anything about Watson. I do know that he's been around a long time, is highly respected, and that I've never heard anything by him that I didn't like. Even with just that, he's a few notches above most of the hacks in my collection.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Doc Watson - Little Maggie mp3 at The Rising Storm Note: May disable direct linking on this one. If so, that's too bad, because it's a good one.
Doc Watson - Crawdad Hole mp3 at Tiny Cat Pants
Doc Watson and David Grisman - Bluegrass Stomp mp3 at Sober Musicians
Doc Watson - Freight Train Boogie mp3 at TommyMarkham.com
Doc Watson - Deep River Blues mp3 at TommyMarkham.com
Read:
Doc Watson dies at 89 - Obituary and profile at Los Angeles Times

No comments: