Friday, June 29, 2012

MUSIC FOR BRAZILIAN STONERS


Boy, oh boy, does the music of Gal Costa have just about all of the ingredients that I dig. Old, weird and foreign; alternately laid back and freaked out, and unlike just about anything else I listen too. The songs below have been posted here before, but having lost most of my music a few months back (my computer took a dump), I was a pig in mud when I ran across the original post again today at Super Sonido, an excellent Latin music blog. So here's a few, but make sure to go to the original post to get the whole story of troplicália and Gal Costa, and a bunch of other cuts.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Gal Costa - Vou Recomecar mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa - Relance mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa - Acauã mp3 at Super Sonido Wait for the freakout.
Gal Costa - Pontos de Luz mp3 at Super Sonido
Gal Costa & Gilberto Gil - Sebastiania mp3 at Super Sonido Freakout endings seem to be a trend.
Gal Costa -10 more cuts, 15 in all and great copy at Super Sonido
Visit:
Troplicália at Wikipedia
The Best Troplicália Albums at Sounds and Colors
Gal Costa Official site

No comments: