Sunday, July 8, 2012

HE'S RIDICULOUS. HE'S WONDERFUL.


Really, I was planning on returning to something that appealed to people other than the assorted crackpots that I run with, but my sister, whom I had not previously associated with said crackpots, was kind enough to turn me onto a song that was so good-weird, that plans got scrapped. Instead, I present "Body Building" by Orchester Werner Müller, a name that I would imagine most of you would not recognize. I didn't, but after hearing the song, he's now on my radar, as is the online radio station the song was found on, Pineapple Juice ("hip-shakin’ grooves from and inspired by the ‘60s and ‘70s beat, soul and funk scene"). Müller was apparently a big name in German lounge music, prone to experimentation. Space Age Pop cites a song that utilizes wordless vocals and whistling, which was used to great effect by Ennio Morricone in his soundtracks for Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns. That got me to thinking about Daniele Luppi, a contemporary psuedo-easy listening dude, who actually tracked down Morricone's whistler for one of his early LPs. So, I'm throwing a Luppi track down there; whistler free as it is, it still swings. There's also a Jimmy Smith tune, just because I ran across it, and we seem to be on an organ tack tonight. We will return to Norwegian black metal tomorrow.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Orchester Werner Müller - Body Building mp3 at The Beiderbecke Affair
Werner Müller - Rumba Juanita mp3 at Paradise Soul
Daniele Luppi - Je Tadore mp3 at Paradise Soul
Jimmy Smith - Burning Spear mp3 at One Sweet Song
Visit:
Pineapple Juice Radio
Werner Müller at Space Age Pop

No comments: