Thursday, October 18, 2012

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER RIDDIM

Just a quick one, because I ran into a post at Oliver Wang's trusty Soul Sides that's right up my alley.  It features three cuts from the Sister Nancy LP above.  One is "Bam Bam" which I happened to post a day later, in a thing about the Stalag riddim,  One of the other songs posted is "Roof Over My Head", which O says is based on the same riddim as the Heptones "Gonna Fight". They sound different to me, but it could be that I'm distracted by the horns in the Heptones' song.  Regardless, the "Gonna Fight" riddim is another one that seems to have legs, and if you've been paying attention, you'll know that the Heptones featured Leroy Sibbles, who was gushed about here a week ago. Check the "Gonna Fight" entry at Reggae ID. It's no stalag, but has a respectable history nonetheless. Enough of this for now.  The riddim rabbit hole is a deep one, and I need to eat dinner.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Sister Nancy - Roof Over My Head mp3 at Soul Sides 
Sister Nancy - Two more cuts at Soul Sides 
The Heptones - Gonna Fight (streaming) at YouTube 
Bonus unrelated Heptones cut: 
The Heptones - Love Won't Come Easy mp3 (via DivShare) at Derek's Daily 45 Crucial Studio One 
Visit: 
Other Heptones posts

No comments: