Thursday, March 28, 2013

LEVEL TWO LOU

Oh jeez. More Velvets. But there's some pre-Velvets Lou Reed things too, more than the Beachnuts and the Primitives stuff that's been widely circulated for years. Actually, these have all probably been all over the place, if you're in the Velvet Underground Next Level of Fiendom club. I am not. I'm in the That Looks Interesting, What the Hell club, where pretty much everything goes. There's just a few below, but there's a lot more at The Big O, twenty six in all. I don't need twenty six, but you might, if you're some kind of level two VU pledge.

Of the few I've listened to, the early favorite is "You're Driving Me Insane" by the Roughnecks, an early Lou Reed band of which I know nothing about. You ought to just go there and jut give them all a shot. Note: "Afterhours" by the Carol Lou Trio was written by another Lou Reed and is not related at all to the Lou Reed were talking about. Someone goofed somewhere.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen
The Roughnecks - You're Driving Me Insane mp3 at The Big O
The Velvet Underground - Noise mp3 at The Big O From The East Village Electric Newspaper.
All twenty six cuts at The Big O
Earlier:
All previous Velvet Underground posts  I swear I'm not a level two-er. I just keep running into things.

No comments: