Saturday, April 20, 2013

MIKE LOVE HAS COMPANY

Several years ago, a friend of mine told me about how he was at some sort of small gathering where everybody was stoned, and someone put on Kiss Alive and everybody was just lost it, laughing their stoned asses off at Paul Stanley's insipid introduction to "Cold Gin". They must have listened to it several times, because my friend, who is not a Kiss fan, knew the whole spiel. So when I found a copy of the record in a 99 cent bin, I had to get it to hear it for myself. I did not think I could dislike Kiss more than I already did. I was wrong.

I've always hated Kiss, everything about them, the make up, the platforms, the music, the marketing, pretty much their whole thing. But the thing I hate the most, is their pandering. Paul Stanley's pandering in particular, the stupid shit he says to get crowds riled up. It's almost like something you have to hear because you can't believe that someone could be so asinine. Which brings me to the selection below, forty five minutes of idiocy, springing from the bright red lips of the newest member of the Mike Love Army. Think of it as an audio mud run.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

45 Minutes of Paul Stanley Stage Banter - Curated by Chris Ames NOTE: To download, click on the small arrow button next to the "share" button, below the streaming gizmo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Sunday morning wake up belly laugh.It's gonna be a good day now.My man.

AEC said...

If you want another laugh, check out The Mysterons spoof "Cold Chicken"

Ed said...

Hey, you can say what you want, but they're making money!