Saturday, May 18, 2013

BEST LOUD

There's no urgency. I'm long past the age where you have to be the first to buy and dissect a debut LP from some hot shit band to somehow prove that you were in on it first. That's kid stuff. So, I sit back, listen to a few songs here and there, and deliberate. Oh, do I deliberate. You save money that way. I'm still on the fence about Savages. They don't strike a chord in me that hasn't been struck before, and I'm not using a capo. But, as they now have an LP out, I thought I'd go looking for something more than the couple of cuts I'd heard before. I'm still not convinced. There was a serendipitous detour though. One of the sites had a cut by the Heliotropes that I like, if for no other reason than it sounds like the Shangrilas doing the Stooges, "We Will Fall" stylee. If you try real hard. No, maybe Sabbath, or Dream Syndicate, or the Velvets, or what have you. Night Soil Man is down there because the other two bands made me think of them. You can't dance to any of them, but they're of sonic interest.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Heliotropes - Psalm mp3 at The Deli
Heliotropes - Live show, good quality soundboard recording at NYC Taper 
Savages - She Will mp3 at The Key
Savages -Flying to Berlin mp3 at Rollo and Grady 
Savages - Shut Up mp3 at Indie Rock Cafe
Night Soil Man - Hyena (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: