Monday, July 29, 2013

REQUISITE SHITTY SLEEVE, CHECK.

I'd never heard of the Shine Brothers until tonight. Proceeding cautiously. So far I've heard only a few songs. "White Tears" was just interesting enough to take a chance on a second, "So Many People". Both are fine song, but, jeez, listen to them. What would you give to give be able to mess with the mix? Not permanently alter it or anything, just mess with it. I know there's software, but ain't nobody got time for that. Listened to another one, "Climb the Ladder", on their Bandcamp page. That one has a little Beach Boy's "Do It Again" thing going on, with some organ and fuzz woefully buried. Again, me want mixing board. Check out the video linked below, a live version of "White Tears". I like the whole feel of it.  The camera work. It reminds me of that time I got drunk and watched a band.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Shine Brothers - So Many People mp3 at Still In Rock
The Shine Brothers - White Tears mp3 at Still In Rock
The Shine Brothers - Climb the Ladder (streaming) at Bandcamp
Video:
Same video as above, in better quality at Vimeo

No comments: