Wednesday, November 27, 2013

¿SABES "COMPLICACIONES"?

I took one look at the video below and thought to myself, now what the hell do we have here?  Could there be two bands called the Monks? Two just nutty enough to be just my thing? Sure as shit, Los Monjes translates as "The Monks". Sucked in again. This video is one piece of work. First you'll note that it's just organ, bass and drums. Then you'll notice their attire. That's when the WTF bulb goes off. You start noticing other things. The drummer, the poorly synched drummer, is the singer, also poorly synched. In successive shots he's shown hood up, hood down, hood up, back and forth. And so on. You will note the bookmark worthiness of this. For me, it is a special moment. Weird found me tonight. If some do-gooder asks me tomorrow what I am thankful for, I'll tell them that.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Los Monjes - Batman mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban This one rips.
Los Monjes - Caravan (live) mp3 (vis DivShare) at Spanish Garage
Los Monjes EP (3 songs) via Hotfile  at Cosas Mias One is a cover of "(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone"
Los Monjes - Música De Las Esferas EP at Surfadelic Go there to get it.

No comments: