Sunday, November 24, 2013

THIS IS WHY

I wasn't even looking for this one. In fact, Cynty and the Monkees were completely unknown to me when I ran across their 1974 cover of Barbara Acklin's "Lady, Lady, Lady". I'd never heard Acklin's original either. But, the song sure sounded familiar, which was all the more befuddling. Wait a second here. It's on Black Art, Lee Perry's label. Yep, right there, produced by Lee Perry. This shouldn't take long. I'll just take a mental inventory of the Perry stuff I've heard. No I won't. I've heard way too much. Who Sampled here we come. Oh, that's it, I was just gonna say it. Lee Perry used the riddim for his "Exit the Dragon". Okay, and done. Listen to Cynty and the Monkees' cover. It's an excellent interpretation. Or don't. Walk around like that, I don't care.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Cynty and the Monkees - Lady, Lady mp3 at Pixie Radio
Cyndy and the Monkees - Lady, Lady (long disco version) (streaming) at YouTube
Barbara Acklin - Lady, Lady, Lady (streaming) at YouTube
Lee Perry - Exit the Dragon (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: