Thursday, February 13, 2014

THAT TIME OF YEAR

Holy cow. Fat Tuesday is only a couple weeks away. I'm not one for all of the knucklehead amateurs' night shenanigans, but I dig this time of year because there's usually an good amount of New Orleans type music floating around. Being that I've got the damn flu, and not the boogie woogie type, I'm gonna bow out quick tonight with a heads up to check out "Home of the Groove" which is, in their words, "based on the premise that the true Home of the Groove, at least on the North American landmass, is the irreplaceable musical and cultural nexus, New Orleans." Right or wrong, they post some good stuff. (Hey, I just noticed, I cuss less when I'm sick.) A recent post is all Professor Longhair, James Booker and Ray Johnson. Here's a couple from the Professor not posted over there, to get you in the mood. (Hello bed. I've missed you so.)

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Professor Longhair - In the Night mp3 at DJ Perro
Professor Longhair - Tipitina (live) mp3 (via Box.net) at Carnival Saloon
Visit:
Tasty Holiday Leftovers: Fess, Ray and JCB3 at Home of the Groove
Home of the Groove - Home page
Home of the Groove radio Stream that funky stuff

No comments: