Sunday, February 16, 2014

THERE'S SHAME HERE SOMEWHERE

A friend posted Ann Cole's version of "Got My Mojo Working'" on his Facebook page today, and it hit me that I knew there were some hijinks involved in the credits to the song, but had never bothered to go any further. Probably because I didn't want to think that Muddy Waters would knowingly steal a song. Think about how deep my fat head was buried in the sand. It's the blues. Probably the most pilfered type of music there is. 

You ought to read one or both of the accounts below. It's an interesting story. Oh, and Mickey Baker pops up again. He backed Cole on most of her recordings on the Baton label. That guy was everywhere.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ann Cole - Got My Mojo Working mp3 at Soul Garage
Visit:
Ann Cole at Black Cat Rockabilly
Got My Mojo Working at Wikipedia

No comments: