Sunday, July 6, 2014

THEME THROWDOWN

You know what I was thinking about the other night? I'll tell you. I was wondering what makes those chest beating patriots tick. Not the genuinely patriotic, more power to them. I'm talking about those chanting mobs. You know, the "U.S.A.! U.S.A!" loudmouths. They're imbedded everywhere. You go to a parade, they're there. Fireworks show, there. At the Olympics, the race track, everywhere. I am not down with that. The other night a guy was yelling "America!!!" Brilliant (thought the cynic), you're really giving ol' Thomas Paine a run for his money.

If there is one thing that would ever come close to making me feel outwardly patriotic, it would be American music. We kick ass at that. Here's three songs with American music as subject matter. You can guess which I prefer.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Blasters - American Music mp3 at DK Presents
The Violent Femmes - American Music mp3 at High Def Stuff (?)
The Fleshtones - American Beat mp3 at ROIR

No comments: