Saturday, October 11, 2014

SHAKE IT FLAKE MAN

Holy hell, it's Saturday night. Why would I begrudge myself a chance to flake off? Once I start thinking like that, there's no turning back. Worry not, scavengers. One of the reasons I'm flaking is because I'm digging on an A-1 selection of rocksteady and reggae, twenty two cuts, at Hearsay, Some are familiar, but there are some I've never heard. No surprise there. That era, from the mid -sixties to the mid-seventies, was so steeped in good shit that no one knows all of it. No one. Coxsone Dodd didn't even know all of the records his own studio churned out.

Here's enough to keep you out of my hair. The songs below are just a few samples. You really have to check that first one, by Karl Bryan and the Afrokats, That sucker just landed on my list of favorite hot ass weird unfamiliar instrumentals of all time. You should go there to get them all. All top notch stuff, some soulful, some raw, some familiar riddims, and a handful of unfamiliar names. All available as single songs, or as mix with the whole lot of them. Commence flaking.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Alton Ellis - Something You;ve Got mp3 at Hearsay
The Mix:
For The Right Time at HearSay 22 song zip at the bottom of the post.

No comments: