Thursday, February 26, 2015

THE UNFORTUNATE BAND PHOTO

Here we go, a couple that wouldn't sound like you're cup of tea if fully described, so I won't. Some of you may have heard Babe Ruth's "The Mexican". A nifty prog rock thing, I guess. The cool thing is that in the middle of it, it has solos borrowed from Ennio Morricone's "For A Few Dollars More", interspersed with a guitar freakout. It's not going to fill a dance floor, but it is an adventure in audio.

Out of nowhere, a recent cover of it by Wu-Tang's GZA, with Tom Morello in some sort of capacity. That's the surprising one. I didn't expect to like it at all, but the female singer in it pushed me over the edge, and now I like it. I'm a wishy washy son of a bitch. I don't care.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Babe Ruth - The Mexican mp3 at Basement Rug 
GZA with Tom Morello - The Mexican mp3 at Cover Me Note: Click on the downward pointing arrow on the top right corner of the streaming window, right under where it says "Soundcloud" in small type.

1 comment:

Steve French said...

Guy at 2 O'clock looks just like Billy Crudup as Russell Hammond.