Thursday, April 30, 2015

NORMAN WHITFIELD? DON'T KNOW HIM.

All over the place tonight. Again. I wasn't going here, but here's where I'm getting off. Picking through old bookmarks I ended up at DK Presents, on a post from 2009 that had four songs from some funk compilation, The first one I checked was "Mojo Hanna" by Tami Lynn, and it was funky good enough that I slowed down to check the others. Lowell Fulsom's "Tramp" is a no-brainer, the Soul Brothers Six's pre-Grand Funk version of "Some Kind of Wonderful" is interesting, but what got me sidetracked was Fuji's "Mary Don't Take Me On No Bad Trip". They're backed by Black Merda (above), so now I'm bugging on them. Not much in the way of mp3s of theirs to be found, but there's a lot of audio clips at YouTube. I've been over there for a while, and that's just where I'm going back to. I know I won't be coming back.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Black Merda - Take A Little Time mp3 at Daily Grind
Fuji with Black Merda - Mary Don't Take Me On No Bad Trip mp3
at DK Presents
Tami Lynn - Mojo Hanna mp3
at DK Presents
Two more (Lowell Fulsom and Soul Brothers Six) at DK Presents
Black Murda at YouTube Note: The Full LPs aren't the greatest quality. Check the single songs.

No comments: