Thursday, May 14, 2015

TUBBY MEETS WHITFIELD IN A CAR

A car just drove past my apartment complex blasting the O'Jays' "For the Love of Money". Someone in my neighborhood. Blasting that almighty jam. I would not have thought that possible. I love the song, a Gamble and Huff produced slab of Philly style psychedelic soul. If you have never heard the long version, turn this sucker up and listen to all the shit going on in it. It almost borders on dub in places. I was in the mood so I'm dragging you along with me.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The O'Jays - For the Love of Money mp3 at AMPS (?)
Visit:
For the Love of Money at Wikipedia Production notes and more
Gamble and Huff at Wikipedia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just want to say thanks for this blog. avid reader, never posted before. you've turned me on to so much. love it all!

Tom G. said...

Thank you