Monday, June 1, 2015

ERIK'S TRIP

So a buddy of mine busts in last night, messaging me an audio file over at YouTube. "Ever Lovin' Man", by the Loved Ones. The singer's vocals are all over the place, comically so, at one moment, sounding like Eric Burdon on Quaaludes, the next Janis Joplin. I went to look for a regular audio file, for a WTF type mix, and ran across the Dirtbombs' song that shares the name. The name is all it shares. Their "Ever Lovin' Man" is a real racket. It made me forget about the Loved Ones, and go listen to some more Dirtbombs. The softy side of me did stop for a second and think about the buddy of mine who laid the Loved Ones thing on me, Erik, and if he were here, we'd probably be off on another tangent in no time. I love Erik like a brother, which means I'm very tempted to talk shit about him. Must. Stop. Now.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Loved Ones - Ever Lovin' Man (streaming) at YouTube
The Dirtbombs - Ever Lovin' Man mp3 at Switchblade Comb
The Dirtbombs - Chains of Love mp3 at Indie Rock Cafe
The Dirtbombs - Cosmic Cars mp3
at KEXP

2 comments:

espen E. said...

This just reminded me: Gories playing Bergen in July. Gotta get tickets.

e

Tom G. said...

Jump on that shit!