Sunday, July 26, 2015

I'LL BUY A VOWEL

I know very little of Thee Tsunamis, three songs, that's it. I heard two songs at Still In Rock, and they both had me wishing I'd have had the opportunity (and wherewithal) to mix them. I'm getting a little tired of all that self aware lo-fi stuff, and come to think of it, bands that use "Thee" in their name. But that's major league nitpicking. Both of the songs are good, well written and executed, and sufficiently noisy. I dared to try one more song before forming a general opinion. After seeing the video below, any thought of an immediate assessment was abandoned. I can't be objective. A guitarist that looks like a young Melanie Griffith and sings like a cross between Patti Smith and Teenage Jesus-era Lydia Lunch, wearing a Colonel Saunders type suit, fucking with pedals and feedback? I can't possibly turn my back on that. The intro alone leaves me, a red blooded noise loving American male (hetero at that), disqualified from judging the book without looking at the cover. I've seen the cover. Cat's out of the bag.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Thee Tsunamis - Drag mp3 at Still In Rock
Thee Tsunamis - I Know mp3
at Still In Rock
Note: If the mp3 links don't work, go there to get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saturday Sweetheart is album of the year...so far.