Tuesday, August 25, 2015

BO DIDDLEY MEETS THE SEARCH BOX.

A few days ago, I was in one of those happy go lucky fancy free moods that are all too rare. In my car, in no particular hurry, and not in the doghouse, not anywhere that I knew of anyway. For whatever reason, Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell" started playing in my head. I don't know why, it just did. It set into motion a rewind of sorts, and for the last few days I've been revisiting songs that I've heard a thousand times, but haven't listened to in a while. Not necessarily to maintain that mood, but that's what it ended up doing. Bo Diddley, Liverbirds, Don and Dewey, wait...Bo Diddley? 

In the middle of all of the meandering, it occurred to me that I might have lost a link to a set of photos of early rockers and country and western artists taken by a young girl armed with a Brownie camera back in the fifties. (She took the photo above.) When I realized that I hadn't properly tagged that in an earlier post, and not remembering the gal's name, semi-panic set in. Thankfully that little search box on the top left of this and every other page saved the day. So, before I go any further, let me introduce you to the search box. Up there at the very top left hand corner (scroll up dummy). It is your friend. As many tags as there are in the right column (under "Index"), there are many posts here that lack proper tags. And being that there are 1857 posts here, I'm not about to start checking.

Anyway, just listen to these. This is some Grade A shit. And by all means, check the guitar solo on the Valiants' cover of "Good Golly Miss Molly". It's seriously fucked up, somewhere between awful and pure genius. I don't know about you, but the Wild-O-Meter here goes in both directions.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell mp3 at David Fulmer (?)
Bo Diddley -  Pretty Thing mp3 at Boogaloo Time
The Liverbirds - Talking About You mp3 at The Rising Storm
Don and Dewey - Justine mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Nick Curran and the Low Lifes- Kill My Baby mp3 at KEXP.org
Little Richard - Rip It Up mp3 at Kid America Club
Esquerita - Crazy, Crazy Feeling mp3 at Rocky 52
The Valiants - Good Golly Miss Molly mp3 at De Discos y Monstruos
Visit:
Carol Coleman (née Mangham) - The Girl With the Brownie 

No comments: