Saturday, August 27, 2016

BLUE SHIRT DIDN'T GET THE MEMO

I don't know much about Primal Scream, so I'm withholding judgement. Sort of. I do remember having one of their CDs at one point, so I must have thought that they were all right, but I guess not enough to keep it because I don't have it now. But remembering that I had it, when I saw a cover of John Lennon's "Gimme Some Truth", I bit. Dang me if it ain't a cover of Generation X's cover of Lennon's song. Check it. Listen to Lennon's, then Generation X's, then Primal Scream's. You tell me. Were they trying to pass it off as their own interpretation of the song, or did the acknowledge the debt to Generation X's version? Shit, I don't know, I don't follow these things. Check the video too, from the same year. Seems to me they really want to be the Exile-era Stones in that. What, are they some sort of 70s K-Tel record?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
John Lennon - Gimme Some Truth (streaming) at YouTube
Generation X - Gimme Some Truth
(streaming) at YouTube
Primal Scream - Gimme Some Truth mp3
at Cover Me
Video:
Primal Scream - Country Girl
at YouTube

No comments: