Sunday, December 25, 2016

THE SOFT SPOT

One thing about Slade didn't strike me until years after my first exposure, I neither hated them nor loved them. That doesn't mean I was indifferent. Slade ingratiated themselves by being oddballs. Ridiculous outfits and bad haircuts, even for the time. Oh, and Noddy Holders ratty ass beard. Actually it was mostly Dave Hill and Holder that always looked goofy. But these guys endeared themselves to me. They were either clueless, or simply couldn't give a shit. I don't care, they were different and loud, and Holder's voice sounded like an hysterical old lady with a two pack a day habit. I would bet that most of my friends that are cognizant of Slade probably feel the same way. I've never met a true hardcore Slade fan, but I've never met anyone who hated them either.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Slade - Merry X'mas Everybody mp3 at Panic Stream
Video:
Slade - Merry X'mas Everybody at YouTube

No comments: