Wednesday, January 4, 2017

YOU'VE GOTTA FIGHT

It's 1958, you're nineteen years old. Rock 'n' roll has been around for a couple years and you're eating that shit up. When it comes time to write your first song, you bear allegiance. That's what Trini Lopez did. Although "The Right to Rock" wouldn't exactly give Gene Vincent a run for his money, it's sturdy enough to be surprising considering the source. When I think of Trini Loez, I think of some V-neck sweater dude, a guy that pays the bills playing "If I Had a Hammer" at the Sands, One thing I was right about, when I saw "Trini Lopez" and the name of the song I correctly imagined it would have some hokey background vocals. The surprise is that it doesn't derail the song. Corny lyrics as they are, if this really was the first song he ever wrote (as I've seen mentioned) it's a pretty decent first effort.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Trini Lopez - The Right to Rock mp3 at Rocky 52
Trini Lopez - Yes You Do mp3 at Rocky 52
Trini Lopez - Rock On mp3 at Rocky 52

No comments: