Saturday, February 4, 2017

PUT ON MY AEROBICS TAPE

Fuck, I didn't know At The Drive-In were back at it. I was just browsing sites that I rarely visit, the ones that keep up with the latest releases, just to see what's going on out there. Even with low expectations, I was surpised at how few songs there were with any teeth at all. I needed something else. For some reason At The Drive-In came to mind. Now, there was a band with teeth. I remember when I first saw them, on MTV of all places, they were all over the place. It was cool to see a band rock out. They were a little abrasive, nice bonus. Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing one of them smile. (Note to young bands: Don't give smiles too early. You do and you give up the game.) I went looking for "One Armed Scissor" that first video I saw, and yeah, that's when I found out that they're at least temporarily back together again. Is this their second reunion? I don't know. Hard to reckon with the thought of them being something of elders all these years later.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
At The Drive In - Governed by Contagions mp3 at At The Drive-In Note: Email address required for download. 2016
At The Drive In - Governed by Contagions (streaming) at YouTube
At The Drive-In - One Armed Scissor mp3 at Herbert
At The Drive-In - Pattern Against User mp3 at Central Village
At The Drive-In - For Now … We Toast mp3 at Cause Equals Time
Video:

At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor at YouTube Official
At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor at YouTube Live on the Late Show 

No comments: