Thursday, June 22, 2017

HOWDY OLD FRIEND

Everybody has those records that they can't objectively evaluate because they have personal associations entwined with the music. That happens to me all the time. Is it good? What would it be like to hear it now, for the first time? Shit, I can't answer that. This wasn't old music when I heard it. And all that crap you listen to was years in the future. Where were we? The Heartbreakers' debut LP,  L.A.M.F., has been a friend for many years. There are many good associations with that one, long lasting friendships and reoccurring interactions. Chicken Soup Rock.

So, I can't be objective. I dig the originally released version. The one I ran across tonight was the "Lost '77 mixes". I can tell the difference a little, but I don't care. It's just good to hear them again. It's not just music on this one. It's like a club.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Heartbreakers - Born To Lose mp3 at Internet Archive
The Heartbreakers - Do You Love Me mp3 at Internet Archive
The LP:
The Heartbreakers - L.A.M.F. The Lost '77 Mixes at Internet Archive Note: In the right column, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files".

No comments: