Tuesday, October 10, 2017

LADY KICK ASS IS BACK

Earlier tonight I was reading out in the alley when out of nowhere Etta James's version of "Security" popped into my head. Hearing a decent copy of the 45 version at a high volume is total heavy metal, seriously. Super powerful; the playing, the production (Rick Hall, FAME Studio) and her voice. I have the record but all I found online were a bunch of YouTube posts, and many of them were the LP version. So it's YouTube only for that song. Oh well. It did make me keep looking. In doing so I found a another FAME era goosebump inducing song at Groove Addict, "I'm Gonna Take What He's Got", on which her vocal performance just plain fucking kicks ass. She hits 'em all.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Etta James - Security (streaming) at YouTube
Etta James -  I'm Gonna Take What He's Got mp3 at Groove Addict
Etta James - Seven Day Fool mp3 at Soul Garage
Etta James - At Last mp3
at Carried Away

No comments: