Wednesday, October 14, 2020

IT'S MONSTER SURFING REPOST TIME

I'm not going to lie. I look forward to Halloween. For a few days I don't have to think of something to post. Anything half decent with monster, Dracula, Frankenstein, ghoul, ghost or what have you, in the title is fair game. Some of it is goofy, some good, and some would genuinely stand on it's one, theme be damned. The Deadly Ones' It's Monster Surfing Time is actually a mix of all three. I post it every year because it's a no brainer. Monsters and surf type instrumentals and a dash of fuzz? Of fucking course I'm going to post it. So let's just get it out of the way.

Though I've posted it several times and tried to find out more about it every time, I always come up short. I know Joe South wrote some of the songs, and some people speculate that he played guitar on it. I've never been able to find out any more than that. I don't really care, it's good and it's goofy, and it can almost can stand on it's own. That's close enough for a Halloween record.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
The Deadly Ones - It's Monster Surfing Time (streaming) at YouTube Title song. After it's over, let it roll on the YouTube. The poster's playlist has about four dozen other Halloween type songs.
The LP (download): 
The Deadly Ones - It's Monster Surfing Time LP
(via MediaFire) at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban 12 songs is a zip, really fast download.

NOTE: When you get to MediaFire, click only on the blue  "DOWNLOAD (24.99MB)" button. If there is no green button, just clear your browsing history and cookies and try it again. Likewise if you've been there before and just didn't bother to download it. Just remember, blue button only, clear history. Now go give them hell.

No comments: