Monday, February 19, 2018

MESSAGE TO SHREDDERS

The more I think about that shredder yesterday, the more he bugs me. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, just chalk it up to a different set of values. But the more I think about it, the harder it is to ignore the fact that this shredding nonsense is part of the problem. 

There are different levels of rock 'n' roll finesse, and it has been my experience that it is always better to err on the sloppier, more primitive side. Rip it motherfucking up. To that end, here's a couple unrelated songs, both lacking spitshine to varying degrees. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's "Sweet and Sour" and the Oblivians' "What Rock 'n' Roll Is All About" will shake the shred right outta you.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Sweet 'n' Sour mp3 at ATumblr (?)
The Oblivians "What Rock 'n' Roll is All About mp3
at NJ Speed Crazy

No comments: