Friday, March 23, 2018

THEY'RE SO BRITISH THEY LEFT

Oh, brother. I don't know about you, but when I see an LP by a band called the Liverpool Five I'm already thinking it's some sort of cash in, trying to capitalize on the success of the Beatles. When you see that the LP contains covers of "I Can Only Give You Everything" and "My Generation", you think it's going to be the worst. You expect nothing.

The Liverpool Five weren't from Liverpool, they were actually from London. Sounding suspect. They found their audience in Asia and then relocated to the U.S. where there was a distinct shortage of English mop top bands. It's sounding less promising by the minute, eh?  Guess what? They aren't half bad. Forget the back story and the sucky name, just use your ears on this one.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Liverpool Five - I Can Only Give You Everything mp3 at Internet Archive
Liverpool Five - My Generation mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: