Saturday, September 25, 2010

AIN'T THAT SOME SHIT


I admit it, I'm a cusser. Not because I want to offend people, but because, well, when I say "I saw a big fuckin' tree," I'm convinced that anyone with half a brain would know I wasn't talking about a big tree that was fornicating. They would know that I was talking about a really big tree. And if they're offended by the word itself, then, logically, they should be offended by the word "fornicate" as well (and, I'm sure there aren't many people who are). So, I'm behind anyone who doesn't necessarily cuss just to press the issue, but doesn't shy away from normal usage of a slang word either, "dirty" or not.

Being constantly on the lookout for music I've never been exposed to, it's sometimes a crap shoot. I have, on more then a few occasions, gravitated towards band names or songs that are unusual, colorful or interesting. (This is how I first heard Pissed Jeans, a band I've come to like quite a bit.) So, when I saw a song called "Fuck You" by Cee Lo Green, I had to bite. Good thing I did too, because it's an awful nice slice of Al Green-like seventies type soul.

As a bonus, I had to include the old school cussin' "Rated X" version of "Better Think Twice" by Jackie Wilson and LaVern Baker. And what cussing post would be complete without "Seven Dirty Words," by George Carlin, who did more than any comic, short of Lenny Bruce, to thumb his nose at censors. Oh, and there's a link to the uncensored "Shit My Dad Says," which was turned into an unremarkable sitcom referred to as "Bleep My Dad Says" (which, yes, takes the punch out of the concept completely).

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You mp3 (right click to save) at Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good
Cee Lo Green - I Want You mp3 (right click to save) at We All Want Someone to Shout For
Jackie Wilson and LaVern Baker - Better Think Twice (Rated X) mp3 (right click to save) at Beware of the Blog
George Carlin - Seven Dirty Words mp3 (right click to save) at SnuhthingAnything
Shit My Dad Says
Seven dirty words at Wikipedia

No comments: