Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BFT, IT'S JAPANDROIDS


I know. It is sadly apparent that this younger crop of must-hear bands are, by and large, wussies. I'd been saving this one, because I like to have a band like this on deck, before putting one up. I worried that it would be a while before I find another band that was noisy. That all said, it's about fucking time I post something about Japandroids. A rock band, without pretty accoutrements. This, friends, is what we need more of. Loud guitars and emphatic, if not loud, vocals. Yessiree, just in the nick of time.

I don't read want to read their bio, not right now, because it doesn't matter to me. Let me put it this way. They serve the same purpose as a cup of coffee. Would you feel inclined to read a bio of a cup of coffee? Their life story may be interest to you, but you may consider them peers. Someone who might sleep on your floor some night in the middle of a van tour. No way that's happening here. I'm realistic. I'll just turn it up and start vacuuming my apartment.

Photo: Mike Sullivan

This I know: they're two loud dudes from Vancouver, have a record called "Post-Nothing," (that's good) and write lyrics like “Here’s your money back, here’s your punk rock back!” (that's also good). And the first two songs below are songs that they left off their first album. I like them a lot, ergo, I've got some backtracking to do.

Photo: Mike Sullivan

Japandroids - Art Czars mp3 at ListenBeforeYouBuy
Japandroids - Younger Us mp3 at ListenBeforeYouBuy
Japandroids - Sex and Dying in High Society mp3 (via Box.net)
at JP's Blog
Japandroids - Heavenward Grand Prix mp3 at Atlas and the Anchor
Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire mp3 at Tsururadio
Japandroids - I Quit Girls mp3 at The New York Rockmarket
Japandroids - Rockers East Vancouver mp3 at Ca Va Cool
Japandroids - Art Czars (live) on YouTube
Japandroids - A whole bunch more videos at YouTube
Japandroids official site

No comments: