Wednesday, October 26, 2011

BOTH KINDS OF MUSIC


I wasn't even in the mood for Merle Haggard when I started meandering, but I ran across a live set from 1981 at A Truer Sound, and figured it wouldn't be there forever, so this would be as good a time as any to acknowledge someone I consider to have few peers. A good many of you know his music far better than I, so I won't even attempt a bio. This is just to hip you to the live set; and I threw in a few other individual songs just to round shit out.

(For the ladies.)

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Merle Haggard - Today I Started Loving You Again mp3 at Folk Hive
Merle Haggard - The Girl Turned Ripe mp3 at Pretty Goes With Pretty
Merle Haggard - If We're Not Back In Love By Monday mp3 (via Box.net) at 27 Leggies
Covers:
The Knitters - Silver Wings mp3 at Cover Me
The Blue Ridge Rangers - Today I Started Loving You Again mp3 at Cover Me
Note: If the two mp3 links above don't work, go to the blog.

Live set:
Merle Haggard at Opryland, 1981 at A Truer Sound

No comments: