Monday, March 12, 2012

HIGHLY ILLOGICAL


Random clicks are on blog rolls are always iffy. Most of the time they lead to another ho-hum blog. But every once in a while they lead to something that turns into a slight detour, and you run into stuff that stops and makes you think, "Criminey, guess I'm out of that loop." That's precisely what just happened. There was a site on a blog called Brown Brown Bag. What the hell, I clicked on it. It appears to be dormant, the last post was a year ago. Poked around and ran into a Beastie Boys thing that I didn't know existed. It's something called "Aglio E Olio," and it's some oddballs that resemble hardcore, depending on just how hard your core is. Recorded in '95, if you didn't know that, I think you'd have a hard time putting a time stamp on it. One song, "Believe Me" sounds like a few different bands in spots: Flipper, the Germs, later era Black Flag, and the stop-snd-start-again sounds like they lifted it from "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies.

The whole thing is downloadable as a single download at Brown Brown Bag. But, before I hassled with that, I figured a test run was in order. So I tracked down "Believe Me," the song mentioned above. I also ran into what was listed as an Aglio E Olio b-side, a cover of "Light My Fire" with a women singer. Very loungy. The singer sounds Japanese, so maybe it's one of those Cibo Matto gals. I found that on Beastie Mixes, a site that should keep you total Beastie fiends totally busy. Totally. There's four thousand Beastie Boy remixes, some presumably made by bedroom DJs, but bonus points for the very democratic approach. 4,062 remixes, plus bootlegs, rare stuff, live shows. Yeah. I just bookmarked it to deal with later.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Beastie Boys - Believe Me mp3 at Sisters In Death Slow download, but worth it
Beastie Boys - Light My Fire mp3 at BeastieMixes
Album download:
Beastie Boys - Aglio E Olio (via Mediafire) at Brown Brown Bag
The site for gluttons:
BeasiteMixes.com Remixes, bootlegs, live stuff, rarities...tons of stuff.

No comments: