Friday, July 6, 2012

YES, SLY, I THINK WE CAN DO THAT.


Just a quick one here. If you're of a certain age, and can remember this one playing incessantly one summer, you might find it hard to believe that it was 1969. I did. I was very surprised, because I do remember when it first came out, and up until tonight, I didn't think I was cognizant of music that early in my life. If you don't remember when it was part of the AM radio soundtrack of a particular summer, then you might just hear some tame schmaltz. Shut up. Compared to some of Sly Stones other stuff, this one is demanding that you chill and not take that music nerd badge too seriously. It is rather tame, that's precisely why it was a hit.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime mp3 at Surviving the Golden Age

No comments: