Thursday, August 23, 2012

TELL 'EM I'M NOT HERE


Can you not like a song that starts with the line "My baby works at a hot dog stand"? Maybe, if you're a Ballpark Franks sort of person, but if you're a Nathan's or Hebrew National person, you know what I'm talking about. Regardless, here's a couple from Corky Jones, a name you might not recognize. That's the name that Alvis "Buck" Owens decided to use for his very short foray into rockabilly territory. He didn't want to water down his country cred. Before you cry "chickenshit", haven't you, at least once, wished that a favorite artist stuck to their A game? What was that oddball Neil Young thing? Oh yeah, Trans. Wouldn't you rather he'd have at least changed his name to, I don't know, Florian Young, Neil Schneider, or something? Oh jeez, I almost forgot the elephant poseur in the room, Chris Gaines, Garth Brooks's thing. I'll stop now, before it gets ugly. But I do like these two. (Rocky-52 does it again.)

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Corky Jones - Hot Dog mp3 at Rocky-52
Corky Jones - Rhythm and Booze mp3
at Rocky-52

No comments: