Saturday, October 13, 2012

TURN OFF EVERYTHING ELSE

Today was cool.  I happened to hear Curtis Mayfield's "Move On Up" while driving around, and, yeah I've heard it a million times, but it was one to those periodic not as distracted as usual moments, when you can pick a song apart.  Let me tell you right now, "Move On Up" has a lot going on in it. The drums, the horns, the bongos, the strings, the bass.  It made my day. The icing was running into "Junkie Chase", an instrumental from the Superfly film score. Holy shit, this song is just as populated as the other. I gotta cut it off right here, I see where it's headed. This isn't the end of this. I'll return to Mayfield again, believe me.  Four songs and a paragraph of my space filling drivel does not do this subject justice. Just dig these to better your day.


Vintage Soul Train. Hard to argue with that song title.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up mp3 at Indie Shuffle
Curtis Mayfield - Junkie Chase mp3 at The Cargo Culte
The Impressions - People Get Ready mp3 at Friday Mix Tape
The Impressions - This Is My Country mp3 at Rock Town Hall

No comments: