Saturday, November 3, 2012

VISIT THE SOUL CLUB

Over thirty mixes are neatly tucked away at Funky 16 Corners. I did not know that. Even as often as I visit over there, I never happened to click on the Funky 16 Corners Soul Club link. He (Larry Grogan) has posted them as regular posts before, but here they're all on one page. The sheer amount, not to mention the breadth of styles, is almost good shit overload. I'm not kidding. Soul, funk, jazz, blues, reggae and everything in between. Some are guests mixes, but if the guests are DJ friends of Larry Grogan, I'm all in.

The image above is for an all reggae guest mix by DJ Prestige. Top notch shit, I'll tell ya. (Scroll to the bottom of the Soul Club page for the link.). I just picked that one because it happens to be the one I'm listening to. I've listened to a few others. All have been solid, informed, and they've all flowed well. These are good DJ sets, fine jams for the entire family. You'd do yourself well to check them out. 

The Funky 16 Corners Soul Club - 30 plus mixes (description above), mp3 format, fast downloads (roughly a minute).
A recent post of a damn fine song:
Betty Harris - Mojo Hannah mp3 at Funky 16 Corners Go there to get it. If you don't dig it, I don't know you.

No comments: