Tuesday, December 18, 2012

WTF (SLIGHT RETURN)

Just a heads up here. The studio version of the WTF's "Cut Me Some Slack" has been released, and is available at you-know-where. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one; the fact that one of the Germs ended up playing with one of the Beatles. Hearing Paul McCartney introduce "Mr. Pat Smear.." to what had may have been one of the biggest worldwide audiences ever.  I really don't care that the song, while good, is nothing earth shattering. I'm just a little flabbergasted. The first McCartney solo LP was the second album I ever bought, when I was about twelve years old. I saw the Germs second gig ever in 1977 (and Pat Smear had the complete ass cut out of his jeans). And, well, all of you have Nirvana moments. Mine was a pre-release second generation tape of Nevermind, played for me by Lady Latimore before Nirvanamania went global.  Alas, this is kind of an "aw shit" moment, because there's likely not much in the way of collaborations that will surprise me now.

Here's the clip of the WTFers doing the same song on SNL. Gotta love Smear, breaking out the Target wardrobe to play with an ex-Beatle.






I'm not going to look for an mp3 of the song, because it was done for charity. If you feel so inclined, go for it. I mean, c'mon, what'll you save? A couple bucks?

No comments: