Thursday, March 21, 2013

I GOT THE SIX YEAR ITCH

This song is one that sucked me in the first time I heard it roughly six years ago, and it's one of the reasons I started this mess. Spread the Good Word posted it back then, and I linked to it as one of my very first posts. This is what I said then:

I am quite certain Al Garcia and the Rhythm Kings were hitting it before they recorded Exotic. I don't know anything about them, and I don't want to know anything about them. All I know is that they they make music sound drunk. At least on this song. And that's all I need to know. It is a spectacular achievement.

I pretty much stand by that, though now I do know a little more about them. Diddy Wah has the song, and a nice blurb about the song itself. Norton Records has an LP of theirs (available here), and speaking of Norton, here's something I ought to hep you to: They found a stash of reprints of the first issue of Kicks, Billy Miller and Miriam Linna's magazine, pre-Norton. Get one while you can. It's a good read, informative and funny, a testament, a shot across the bow. All that jazz, dad.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Al Garcia and the Rhythm Kings - Exotic mp3 at Diddy Wah Go there to get it, right-click on the song title.
Spend your lawn mowing money here:
Al Garcia and the Rhythm Kings LP at Norton Records
Kicks Magazine #1 at Norton Records

No comments: