Monday, March 25, 2013

IT NEVER CLOSES

A few years ago I was checking out a bunch of random bands based solely on their names. Unfortunately, goofy band names were (and still are) the order of the day, so all I was running into was crappy lo-fi pop and electro this or that. I was actually in the mood for some meat and potatoes, loud and guitar based. I wasn't really asking for much. I ended up clicking on a song by Pissed Jeans, strictly because of their name. Yee-haw! I hit paydirt. They were just what I needed.

They have a new record out, so I started to go digging for updated bio stuff. I knew that they all have normal straight day jobs (the singer is an insurance broker), but little else. I'd never been to one of their shows, seen their crowd, or even talked about them to anyone, so I'd no clue what made them tick. Lyrics only help when they're intelligible, and theirs largely aren't. The recent interview I just read alluded to a predominantly male following in the past. That's a little disconcerting right there, but they aren't musically dainty so maybe that's to be expected. Nevertheless, I started to think, what if their lyrics and their whole mindset actually were a little fucked up? Okay, so that's the worst scenario, but when do I look into it? That's the conundrum.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Pissed Jeans - Cathouse mp3 at Indie Rock Cafe
Pissed Jeans - Bathroom Laughter mp3 at Liquid Jesus
Pissed Jeans - Health Plan mp3
at Liquid Jesus
Pissed Jeans - Bathroom Laughter mp3 at The Key Live radio session, four more streaming.

1 comment:

Tom G. said...

Guess what I just found? Some of their lyrics. They actually don't seem that bad.

http://www.songlyrics.com/pissed-jeans-lyrics/