Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BEST DRESSED MIX IN TOWN

Sometimes I get lazy. When that happens on the same day I run into a good mix, it means I'm going to be having something for dinner that doesn't start out as a frozen block of food. So tonight, I'm just going to tip you to someone who apparently has good taste, because they put together a damn fine selection of twenty two choice cuts of reggae from the golden era, from 1963 to 1976. This is good stuff and and even if you have a semi-deep reggae collection yourself, there's probably a few you haven't heard.

The particular mix that got me sidetracked is all reggae, but I dug around a little further and ran into other stuff of different genres that are equally choice.  Here's a couple reggae cuts from that mix and a couple from the reggae mix. Extra bonus points for them making these available as single cuts (right click the song titles), and the mix as a download or streaming. A reminder: I don't know how many of you actually dig through the sites that I link to, but you really ought to, particularly when I point out that someone has a lot of good stuff. Hear Say has good stuff. 

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Kari Brian and the Afrokats - Money Generator mp3 at Hear Say
Ken Boothe - Ain't No Sunshine mp3 at Hear Say
Roland Alphonso and the Blues Blasters - Proof Rum mp3 at Hear Say
Soul Vendors - Swing Easy mp3 at Hear Say
Mixe:
For the Right Time - 22 Reggae cuts at Hear Say Individually or as a mix.
Visit:
Hear Say
Earlier reggae posts

No comments: