Sunday, April 28, 2013

GRAB BAG SPOTLIGHT

There's no theme here. My tastes are varied. So, apparently, is my mood tonight. I've been sidetracked over at The Explosive Generation. When I run into a high concentration of different types of music that I happen to like, I know enough to dig around a little bit. If you are a record store, I would be the pest. Which is all to say, there's some good music over there, particularly if you like to dabble outside of your safety zone.

Here's just a few. "Rumble", as you know, is the big bang of badassery. It is the air you breath. Don't ask any more about that. Ronnie Cook and the Gaylad's OG version of "Goo Goo Muck", so we can all have a moment for Lux. Ditto, sorta, Warren Smith's "Dear John", it's rockabilly anyway. Then there's King Tubby, because...fuck, do I have to give you reasons? Because it's Tubby. damn it. Sir Lord Baltimore is down there for you aging 70's hard rock second tier band freaks. The Digits,...go fish.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Link Wray - The Rumble mp3 at The Explosive Generation
Ronnie Cook and the Gaylads - The Goo Goo Muck mp3 at The Explosive Generation
Warren Smith - Dear John mp3 at The Explosive Generation
King Tubby - Money Dub mp3 at The Explosive Generation
Sir Lord Baltimore - Hell Hound mp3 at The Explosive Generation
Didjits - Turn It Up mp3 at The Explosive Generation

No comments: