Thursday, June 13, 2013

WELL, LOOK WHO'S BACK

Ladies, single file. King Khan is back. After six years of getting his personal shit taken care of, he's got a new LP coming out at the end of summer. What's that you say? I know, new releases don't generally create excitement here, but this guy is one of the trusty goofballs that keep things interesting. How, you might ask? There's the music that, even if you knew nothing about him, speaks for itself. As good as his music is (and believe me, it passes muster here) there is the Lou Reed Incident. Quick back story: Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson had invited Khan and Co. to play at the Sydney Opera House. Reed and Anderson liked their set, and invited them to their rehearsal the next day.  Khan was sitting next to Reed after Reed had just finished singing a song (continued below video).



From an excellent interview at Rollo and Grady, here's the exciting conclusion, in Khan's words: "I looked at Lou, who was sitting right next to me, and I said, “Lou, that song was really great, but you got something on your sweater.” He looks down and I totally flick his nose, like, “Bam.” He looks up at me. I guess he couldn’t believe that I did that. I was like, “Gotcha.” [Laughs] His face! It was like an ancient turtle was bitten by a fucking mosquito or something like that. He just looked at me and said, “Please. Don’t ever do that again.”. Admit it, you want to party with this guy. Here's two of the new ones and assorted shake from a previous post.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
King Khan and the Shrines - Born To Die mp3 at Nevver New
King Khan and the Shrines – Bite My Tongue at The Music FM New
Older Khan:
King Khan & the Shrines - Destroyer mp3 at Rollo & Grady
King Khan & the Shrines - Burnin' Inside mp3 at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends
King Khan & the Shrines - Outta Harms Way mp3 at KEXP
King Khan & the Shrines -Torture mp3 at AW Music
King Khan & the Shrines - Welfare Bread -mp3 at Quiet Color
Visit:
King Khan - Official site
King Khan - Interview and six more songs at Rollo and Grady
King Khan at Wikipedia

No comments: