Wednesday, July 24, 2013

GFOS TO SOA

Boy, oh boy, is this overdue. Everything that the Daptone mob comes within ten feet of usually finds its way here, one way or another. But Charles Bradley, the plucked from obscurity ex-GFOS impersonator, has been way overlooked. (Thanks to Lady Spinsta for pointing me towards to that trailer below.) These aren't really grunt and shout workouts, this is super smooth summer soul, Summer, maybe not intentionally, but it sure goes down smooth, like water on a hot day.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Charles Bradley - Strictly Reserved  For You mp3 at Melting Pot
Charles Bradley - You Put the Flame on It mp3 at I Am Fuel You Are Friends
Charles Bradley - Heartaches and Pain mp3 at Glorious Noise
Charles Bradley - Why Is It So Hard mp3 at I Pick My Nose
Visit:
Charles Bradley Official site
Charles Bradley at Daptone Records
Charles Bradley at Wikipedia

4 comments:

Debbie D said...

I watched this doc last weekend via itunes. Fantastic.

Tom G. said...

Okay, that does it. I don't need a better endorsement. I'm off to Daptone for the DVD. Thanks Debbie D.

espen e said...

Charles Bradley 1948-2017: http://www.thecharlesbradley.com

e

Tom G. said...

Hey E,

That sucks. Thanks for cluing me in.