Monday, September 16, 2013

SONG CRUSH

Petula Clark is one of them. One of those Top 40 singers that seemed squeaky clean but, try as you may, you can't deny that they have something that makes them kind of normal cool. By that I mean, streaming out of the radio on Dad's work bench radio cool. That's where I first remember hearing "Downtown", and the fact that I didn't have rights to the radio dial, nor was I cognizant of hipper Top 40 fare at that young age, may explain my strange attraction to the song, then and now. I was not even aware that my city had a downtown. I wasn't aware that Clark was British, and I was far too young to have any sort of huzza huzza type stirrings. I guess I just liked the song. Still do. 

What started this mini-Pet relapse was an awesome cut at Probe Is Turning-On the People, Clark singing "L'Secret Agent" in French. (Yeah. It's getting all Morticia up in here.) The navigation over at the Probe site is endearingly old school. This song is "Session 450", and, as of today, the newest post on the home page, but next month you may have to scroll down. The "Sessions" are in reverse chronological and numerical order. Sometimes old school navigation is cool. You have to figure it out. That Google shit is for pussies.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Petula Clark - Downtown mp3 at Radio Rock Hit
Petula Clark - Coke commercial mp3 at The Podcast Place I don't like Coke, but I totally dig this.
Petula Clark - Imagine mp3 at NHAC (?)
Petula Clart - L'Secret Agent mp3 at Probe Is Turning-On the People
Video:
Petula Clark - Downtown at YouTube
Visit:
Petula Clark at Wikipedia

No comments: