Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SHUT UP BEAVIS

Ever hear a song on the radio and think, "Holy shit, what do we have here?". Me neither, rarely anyway. Last night was an exception. Just settling in, started reading with the jazz station on. Jazz station, right? I'm thinking I'm going to be dozing off to something that I don't really need to pay attention to.  Certainly not something that was going to startle me out of my dozing off with a book in my hands. All of a sudden some brass band is blaring Hendrix's "Manic Depression". Okay, now I'm awake. As I listen to it, the thing turns into this wah-wah and distortion laden horn and guitar noisy as hell freak out. Fu-huck yeah.

I wasn't able to find the studio recording that I heard last night, but I did find a live version, it's just as wonderfully fucked up. What it lacks in fidelity it makes up for in length. Get past the first minute, it's a quiet intro, then buckle in. Eight minutes of mayhem. It won't get you on the dance floor, but it's perfect for testing how much volume your speakers can take. (Take those silly things out of your ears.) Did I mention that one of the trombone players uses a wah-wah?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Bonerama - Manic Depression (live) mp3 at Internet Archive
Bonerama - Helter Skelter (live) mp3 at Cover Me
Bonerama - Hard Times mp3 at Magnet
Video:
Bonerama - The Ocean (live)
at YouTube
Visit:
Bonerama official site

No comments: